I'm a research professor at NORCE Climate and a Bjerknes Centre for Climate Research affiliate.
I lead the center Climate Futures, where our research is focused on climate risk and how it can be managed by businesses and the public sector. In addition, I lead the EU project CONFER, an interdisciplinary initiative to develop new climate services with ICPAC, the regional center for climate information in East Africa.
Read more on my home page.
- Kolstad, E. W., and D. MacLeod (2022): Lagged oceanic effects on the East African short rains. Climate Dynamics. DOI: 10.1007/s00382-022-06176-6
- Domeisen, D. I. V., et al. (2022): Advances in the subseasonal prediction of extreme events: Relevant case studies across the globe. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society (BAMS). DOI: 10.1175/BAMS-D-20-0221.1
- Kolstad, E. W., D. MacLeod, and T. D. Demissie (2021): Drivers of subseasonal forecast errors of the East African short rains. Geophysical Research Letters (GRL). DOI: 10.1029/2021GL093292
- Kolstad, E. W., C. O. Wulff, D. I. V. Domeisen, and T. Woollings (2020): Tracing North Atlantic Oscillation forecast errors to stratospheric origins. Journal of Climate. DOI: 10.1175/JCLI-D-20-0270.1
- Kolstad, E. W. (2020): Prediction and precursors of Idai and 38 Other Tropical Cyclones and Storms in the Mozambique Channel. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society. DOI: 10.1002/qj.3903
- Kolstad, E. W. and J. A. Screen (2019): Nonstationary Relationship between Autumn Arctic Sea Ice and the Winter North Atlantic Oscillation. Geophysical Research Letters (GRL). DOI: 0.1029/2019GL083059
- Kolstad, E. W., O. N. Sofienlund, H. Kvamsås, M. A. Stiller-Reeve, S. Neby, Ø. Paasche, M. Pontoppidan, S. P. Sobolowski, H. Haarstad, S. E. Oseland, L. Omdahl, and S. Waage (2019): Trials, errors and improvements in co-production of climate services. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society (BAMS). DOI: 10.1175/BAMS-D-18-0201.1