What types of research can the aircraft be used for?
- Sea - mapping of sea colour and algae blooms
- Forestry and agriculture - precision agriculture (mapping needs for irrigation and fertilization), plant and forest diseases, measuring growth in forests, assessment of forests (biomass)
- Emergency preparedness - flood, snow mapping, interaction with drones (eg search and rescue)
- Reindeer husbandry - map vegetation and grazing conditions, map ice/ice layers in connection with reindeer migration or reindeer counting
- Pods can be mounted on the wings (for sampling air/particles), radiation sensors, clouds (long-distance transport of carbon)