- Sick leave, work ability and return to work
- Physicians and other stakeholders assessment of sick leave and diagnosis
- Independent Medical Evaluations
- Subjective health complaints in patient populations (Ehler Danlos syndrome, Vestibular disorders, Cerebral Palsy)
- Qualitative and Quantitative metods
Silje Mæland is a physiotherapist (University of Bradford, UK) with a master in health science from UIB (2007) and PhD from UIB/Uni Research (2013) titled: «Sick leave for patients with severe subjective health complaints. Challenges in general practice.»
Research interests today include: Sick leave, Return to work, GPs and other stakeholders assessment of patients on sick leave, Independent medical evaluation, Subjective health complaints in different populations and foster children and the primary health care service.
Silje Mæland has a 20% position and har main position as associate professor is at the Western Norweay University of Applied Sciences.