Senior researcher in NORCE Energy & Technology working with modelling, control, optimization, and programming. As a senior researcher, Nordgård-Hansen is responsible for executing, lead, and generate projects.
Nordgård-Hansen is a doctor in physical chemistry with a thesis on aluminium electrolysis, and she holds an M.Sc. in physical chemistry with a thesis on salt melt phase diagrams.
Through her more than 25 years experience, Nordgård-Hansen has managed multiple industry projects and Regional Research Fund projects. She has also used her background to contribute within various domains, such as
- Hydropower (control of the waterfalls Vøringsfossen and Østre Mardalsfoss)
- Offshore wind turbines (condition monitoring of fibre ropes for cranes or mooring)
- Metallurgy (aluminium electrolysis, silicon refining, and roasting furnaces)
- Process industry (PVC production, plastic hose production and plastic fibre production)
- Maritime systems (motor sailing and control of cushion pressure in SES vessels)
- Buildings (air quality and combination of solar, borehole thermal energy, and batteries)
- Quality control of meat and grains (NIR calibration)